15 Great Reasons to Choose Us
15 great reasons to choose us…
We have discussed this with our clients and between us we have come up with fifteen great reasons for you to choose us as your new accountant.
1. We are qualified Accountants and are strictly regulated. Sadly not all of the accountants you meet will be qualified to the same level and some may not be qualified at all. The term accountant is not regulated at all so anyone can claim to be an accountant. Would you let an unqualified dentist drill into your teeth so why would you risk your financial affairs in the hands of an unqualified person?
2. As qualified accountants we are strictly regulated, with all staff having to undergo ongoing training throughout the year. This ensures we remain up to date on all relevant legislation, increases our experience and allows our expertise to continue to grow.Why would you use an accountant who is not totally up to date with current tax legislation?
3. We live and breathe all things to do with business finances, accountancy and tax, using real world experience gained over many decades. It’s not a sideline, or an after-thought, or pretty words to put on our website. It’s what we do day in and day out and that means practical advice that is proven to work. Surrounded by so much data and so many numbers it’s amazing that we manage to stay such interesting and exciting people….
4. Maybe it’s because we actively search out businesses to get excited about and who are fun to work with. Why spend our time with boring, miserable people with no passion for what they do? This is why we ask all clients to pass our annual sense of humour test, quickly ejecting those who fail.
5. We are a small independent practice whose directors are active in the business. We speak daily to clients when we can and are always adapting how we operate to suit their needs. Fundamentally we are business owners who happen to run the business of an accountancy practice.
6. We’re easy to work with. We keep things simple and offer a friendly, practical and no nonsense approach to accountancy and tax. We don’t use complicated language, keeping our office a “jargon free zone”. Even the mention of “debit” or “credit” in front of a client is a hanging offence.
7. We’ve been doing this for ages. Since 1975 in fact. Some of our early clients are still with us although they may be a little greyer and more wrinkled now. One thing we have learnt over the years is that we’re pretty good at what we do. We don’t expect you to take our word for it though, so we give you a guarantee to give you peace of mind. We’re so confident about the quality of our service that if at any time you are not completely happy with our work please discuss it with us. If we really can’t sort the issue for you, then we simply ask that you pay what you feel is fair for the work we have undertaken for you.
8. Our client retention record is one thing that gives prospective clients complete peace of mind, helping them feel in the safest possible hands. We firmly believe that high levels of honesty, trust, and just following through with what we say is what keeps our clients from going anywhere. That and the ball and chain of course.
9. We never rest on our laurels and are always looking to improve the quality of our service. Your opinions are vital to us and we really do listen. We will always do our best to make the changes you need, if indeed you really need them. Ice cream Tuesdays never really caught on after all…
10. We have qualified specialists in the main cloud based accounting systems. Sam is our Xero Hero and Christina is our Quickbooks Queen. We are still struggling to think of something to rhyme with Sage. As all of our accounts team are certified Xero and QuickBooks Advisors we can genuinely be called Real Time Accountants.
11. There are some things we don’t offer, pizza delivery and back massages for example. But what we do offer is cloud accounting services, management accounts, annual statutory accounts, all forms of tax compliance, planning, payroll, Auto-enrolment support, company secretarial and similar “stuff”…but definitely no pizzas.
12. We are easy to get to and easy to find. Our offices are just off the A12 and so there is no need to queue endlessly to get into Colchester Town Centre. We have free parking for our visitors and great coffee.
13. At Wood and Disney you will find familiar faces. We have been incredibly lucky to retain so many of our staff for such a long time. This means that you will continue to see the same faces for the many years you are with us. You will get to know key members of our team and importantly they will get to know you and understand your business.
14. We don’t like to brag but we are leaders in technology too with 4 technology awards under our belt including the 2015 “Most Innovative 2-4 Partner Firm” awarded by the 2020 Group of Accountants in 2015. We won the AVN Practice Differentiation award in 2017 and the AVN Changing Lives award in 2018. We are a paperless office and have been since 2003 meaning no lost files and immediate document recovery.
15. We promise to always be upfront about our fees. We don’t mean that vague “…you will be charged on an hourly rate dependent upon the experience of the member of staff…” rubbish either. Would you eat in a restaurant if you didn’t know the cost until dessert?? We wouldn’t either. That’s why you get a menu of services to choose from. No nasty surprises and no hidden costs. In fact we have been awarded a Clear & Transparent Pricing award by GoProposal.com in 2019.
Making us the best choice for business owners needing a Real Time Accountant rather than a Redundant Historical Accountant.
Existing clients can login to WandD Family Zone (Private) to find out more about the above.
We want to spend time with you face to face to really help you create a successful business and build a better future for your family.
What our clients say!
“I have been in the consultancy sector of business for 10 years and have worked with Wood & Disney throughout this time. During this time they have worked with me through the good and bad times to help evolve my business and steer me in the right direction.
With the help of Wood & Disney I moved my records onto QuickBooks Online accounting software. I struggled to find the time to use the system to its full potential therefore I soon offloaded all the hassle onto Wood & Disney who have been able to provide me with far more beneficial real time information which has allowed me to make far better decisions for both myself and my company. I started to notice a real difference as, in a difficult period for the very niche industry, my time was freed up to spend looking for new contracts.
The impact of the more efficient use of cloud technology has had a direct improvement on my ability to plan my cash flow. Wood & Disney have provided me with provisions and forecasts for the company and its VAT and corporation tax liabilities along with my own personal tax liabilities. This has recently enabled me to make a saving of over £20k – fantastic news.
All of this has been with the help and support of Wood & Disney. They are no longer simply my accountants; they are my business advisers and I can trust with ALL my affairs. I have no hesitation in recommending them as accountants and business advisers
Thank you for your continued assistance and I look forward to achieving more together in the future".
Brand Life Consultancy Limited
“All the wood and disney team are friendly. Calls/emails are answered in a timely manner. We do not just feel like a number and it feels like wood and disney really care about us and have our best interests at heart".
Kate Heffernan & Verity Dent
Heffernan Dental Specialists Limited
“After being with Wood & Disney for several years and recently embracing cloud computing and outsourcing payroll to them I would like to say a big thank you to the whole team.
I am constantly delighted with the comprehensive and tailored support that we receive, they are a wonderful bunch of professionals. They provide us with prompt and friendly help and guidance whenever needed which is important when running a small company. They are forward thinking and always take the opportunity to give advice on improving our profitability. I can't think of anyone I would trust more with our accounts".
Paul & Amanda Cartlidge
R. Bullock Precision Engineering Limited
“I have been in the consultancy sector of business for 3 years. During this time I have had contracts which involved me working away from my family for periods of time. As difficult as this was I was happy to complete the work as I knew there was a purpose to this. The real problem I had with working away from home was having to complete my bookkeeping upon my return. This meant I missed out on spending additional time with my family at the weekends.
Wood & Disney introduced me to the use of cloud accounting technology in September 2017. To be honest I was sceptical at first, however I decided to take the plunge and see if this could help me.
I took up the cloud training on Quickbooks Online with Wood & Disney in January 2018.
Since then I am happy to confirm I can now complete my bookkeeping much more efficiently (usually during downtime at the airport), I know exactly;
• How much my company is owed from my customers and can chase them directly via Quickbooks
• How much my company owes to suppliers
• How much is left in my company bank account
I would be happy to confirm that I feel I have got my weekends back and feel more in control of my business than ever!
I have even been able to take the time to look at my company offerings and diversify my services such as drone aerial photography.
All of this has been with the help and support of Wood & Disney.
Thank you for your help and I look forward to what we can achieve together in the future".
Giles & Emma O’Sullivan
Lean Global Consultancy Limited
“I have been working with Wood and Disney for about 4 years now and I am very satisfied with the service I have received from them. They are by far the best accounting company I have worked with. They are not just my accountants; they are very professional business consultants who have been providing me with very useful suggestions on different aspects of my business. They are very competent and experienced in what they do. Brendon and David who have been working with us, are very professional and knowledgeable, and the advice they offered me in relation to claiming my company’s R&D Tax relief has been extremely useful. As such, I have no hesitation in recommending them as a very professional and reliable accounting firm based in Colchester".
Oxborrow Engineering Limited
"Since applying to your team of accountants later last year my husband and I have now realised just how misinformed we were previously. Book keeping, once a miserable task resentfully performed, has now proved to be a fundamental quality experience which has enhanced our autonomy."
"The humanistic approach undertaken by the team is of significance when dealing with people who are not so experienced in the fine art of accounts. Once again thank you, and may our future transactions prove just as satisfactory."
In my view, Wood & Disney isn't just an accountancy firm, but instead act as my business advisors. They support me and my business in planning ahead and assessing what steps I need to take to help grow my business further, in a way that suits me. I would recommend Wood & Disney to anyone looking for plain-speaking help with the financial aspects of managing a growing business. Speak with David or Peter."
“I love that you are not stereotypical accountants. You make the “subject matter” interest (as best as is possible!), and I had fun when we meet! Your engagement process is slick and simple and I’m very clear on what I’ve signed up to and my responsibility in the business relationship. You have quickly earned my trust and I feel assured you will look after Neon Solutions business needs and support us with professional, honest advice when we need it.
I am especially grateful for your patience and support while we have been getting our business off the ground and am looking forward to Neon Solution’s future with confidence – I’m pleased we can share the road to success!”
Neon Solutions Limited