15 Great Reasons to Choose Us
15 great reasons to choose us…
We have discussed this with our clients and between us we have come up with fifteen great reasons for you to choose us as your new accountant.
1. We are qualified Chartered Accountants and are strictly regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). Sadly not all of the accountants you meet will be qualified to the same level and some may not be qualified at all. The term accountant is not regulated at all so anyone can claim to be an accountant. Would you let an unqualified dentist drill into your teeth so why would you risk your financial affairs in the hands of an unqualified person?
2. As qualified chartered accountants we are strictly regulated, with all staff having to undergo ongoing training throughout the year. This ensures we remain up to date on all relevant legislation, increases our experience and allows our expertise to continue to grow.Why would you use an accountant who is not totally up to date with current tax legislation?
3. We live and breathe all things to do with business finances, accountancy and tax, using real world experience gained over many decades. It’s not a sideline, or an after-thought, or pretty words to put on our website. It’s what we do day in and day out and that means practical advice that is proven to work. Surrounded by so much data and so many numbers it’s amazing that we manage to stay such interesting and exciting people….
4. Maybe it’s because we actively search out businesses to get excited about and who are fun to work with. Why spend our time with boring, miserable people with no passion for what they do? This is why we ask all clients to pass our annual sense of humour test, quickly ejecting those who fail.
5. We are a small independent practice whose directors are active in the business. We speak daily to clients when we can and are always adapting how we operate to suit their needs. At the same time we offer an awesome service that way exceeds the offerings of bigger regional or national firms. Size isn’t everything…
6. We’re easy to work with. We keep things simple and offer a friendly, practical and no nonsense approach to accountancy and tax. We don’t use complicated language, keeping our office a “jargon free zone”. Even the mention of “debit” or “credit” in front of a client is a hanging offence.
7. We’ve been doing this for ages. Since 1975 in fact. Some of our early clients are still with us although they may be a little greyer and more wrinkled now. One thing we have learnt over the years is that we’re pretty good at what we do. We don’t expect you to take our word for it though, so we give you a guarantee to give you peace of mind. We’re so confident about the quality of our service that if at any time you are not completely happy with our work please discuss it with us. If we really can’t sort the issue for you, then we simply ask that you pay what you feel is fair for the work we have undertaken for you.
8. Our client retention record is one thing that gives prospective clients complete peace of mind, helping them feel in the safest possible hands. We firmly believe that high levels of honesty, trust, and just following through with what we say is what keeps our clients from going anywhere. That and the ball and chain of course.
9. We never rest on our laurels and are always looking to improve the quality of our service. Your opinions are vital to us and we really do listen. We will always do our best to make the changes you need, if indeed you really need them. Ice cream Tuesdays never really caught on after all…
10. We have qualified specialists in the main cloud based accounting systems. Sam is our Xero Hero and Christina is our Quickbooks Queen. We are still struggling to think of something to rhyme with Sage. As all of our accounts team are certified Xero and QuickBooks Advisors we can genuinely be called Real Time Accountants.
11. There are some things we don’t offer, pizza delivery and back massages for example. But what we do offer is cloud accounting services, management accounts, annual statutory accounts, all forms of tax compliance, planning, payroll, Auto-enrolment support, company secretarial and similar “stuff”…but definitely no pizzas.
12. We are easy to get to and easy to find. Our offices are just off the A12 and so there is no need to queue endlessly to get into Colchester Town Centre. We have free parking for our visitors and great coffee.
13. At Wood and Disney you will find familiar faces. We have been incredibly lucky to retain so many of our staff for such a long time. This means that you will continue to see the same faces for the many years you are with us. You will get to know key members of our team and importantly they will get to know you and understand your business.
14. We don’t like to brag but we are leaders in technology too with 4 technology awards under our belt including the 2015 “Most Innovative 2-4 Partner Firm” awarded by the 2020 Group of Accountants in 2015. We won the AVN Practice Differentiation award in 2017 and the AVN Changing Lives award in 2018. We are a paperless office and have been since 2003 meaning no lost files and immediate document recovery.
15. We promise to always be upfront about our fees. We don’t mean that vague “…you will be charged on an hourly rate dependent upon the experience of the member of staff…” rubbish either. Would you eat in a restaurant if you didn’t know the cost until dessert?? We wouldn’t either. That’s why you get a menu of services to choose from. No nasty surprises and no hidden costs. In fact we have been awarded a Clear & Transparent Pricing award by GoProposal.com in 2019.
Making us the best choice for business owners needing a Real Time Accountant rather than a Redundant Historical Accountant.
Existing clients can login to WandD Family Zone (Private) to find out more about the above.
We want to spend time with you face to face to really help you create a successful business and build a better future for your family.
What our clients say!
"I am constantly delighted with the comprehensive and tailored support that we receive, they are a wonderful bunch of professionals. They provide us with prompt and friendly help and guidance whenever needed which is important when running a small company."
"They are forward thinking and always take the opportunity to give advice on improving our profitability. I can't think of anyone I would trust more with our accounts."
"As a director of a small business still in relative infancy ,having a local accountant that I can depend on is of upmost importance . Wood & Disney oversee my accounts with great efficiency and care and offer a personal bespoke service which enables me to devote my time to the day-to-day running of the business ,knowing my financial matters and all duties that need to be legally fulfilled are in reliable and professional hands."
"The team at Wood & Disney are approachable , friendly and all round ,a pleasure to work alongside."
"We have been using Wood & Disney for approximately 10 years now and have always been very satisfied with the service provided. We get practical plain English advice with no jargon, with business advice, which can make a real difference to our success as well as doing all the usual tax and accounting stuff. We would recommend them to anyone."
"I am just writing to thank you and your staff for all the help you have given us all year with our accounts. We have been so impressed with the professional and efficient service you provide. Wages are calculated each week without delay and Laura has always gone the extra mile to answer our questions when we've needed advice."
"At the end of five years of profitable trading I wish to place on record my thanks for the way in which our accounts and tax affairs have been conducted. The advice and support given by everyone ensured that we avoided myriad pitfalls into which we could have fallen. The promptness and accuracy of your service is commended. It is a pleasure to work with dedicated professional people."
"Since applying to your team of accountants later last year my husband and I have now realised just how misinformed we were previously. Book keeping, once a miserable task resentfully performed, has now proved to be a fundamental quality experience which has enhanced our autonomy."
"The humanistic approach undertaken by the team is of significance when dealing with people who are not so experienced in the fine art of accounts. Once again thank you, and may our future transactions prove just as satisfactory."
"Please can I take this opportunity to thank you and John for completing these accounts for me swiftly, and in an efficient manner. It is a great please to deal with a firm who can provide a good service without the need for me to get heavily involved in too much detail."
"I was really touched to receive the bottles of Australian Wine in honour of my 60th. It also reminds me that I have been using your firm, originally through Philip Wood, since 1976 (so half my life!). So thanks to you and the firm, and I look forward to your continued support. For some, retirement may begin at 60, but I am intending to stay in harness for some time still.. So you may assume that we will remain in contact for some years to come."