15 great reasons to choose us...
We have discussed this with our clients and between us we have come up with fifteen great reasons for you to choose us as your new accountant.
1. We are qualified Chartered Accountants and are strictly regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). Sadly not all of the accountants you meet will be qualified to the same level and some may not be qualified at all. The term accountant is not regulated at all so anyone can claim to be an accountant. Would you let an unqualified dentist drill into your teeth so why would you risk your financial affairs in the hands of an unqualified person?
2. As qualified chartered accountants we are strictly regulated, with all staff having to undergo ongoing training throughout the year. This ensures we remain up to date on all relevant legislation, increases our experience and allows our expertise to continue to grow.Why would you use an accountant who is not totally up to date with current tax legislation?
3. We live and breathe all things to do with business finances, accountancy and tax, using real world experience gained over many decades. It's not a sideline, or an after-thought, or pretty words to put on our website. It's what we do day in and day out and that means practical advice that is proven to work. Surrounded by so much data and so many numbers it’s amazing that we manage to stay such interesting and exciting people….
4. Maybe it’s because we actively search out businesses to get excited about and who are fun to work with. Why spend our time with boring, miserable people with no passion for what they do? This is why we ask all clients to pass our annual sense of humour test, quickly ejecting those who fail.
5. We are a small independent practice whose directors are active in the business. We speak daily to clients when we can and are always adapting how we operate to suit their needs. At the same time we offer an awesome service that way exceeds the offerings of bigger regional or national firms. Size isn’t everything…
6. We're easy to work with. We keep things simple and offer a friendly, practical and no nonsense approach to accountancy and tax. We don’t use complicated language, keeping our office a "jargon free zone". Even the mention of "debit" or "credit" in front of a client is a hanging offence.
7. We've been doing this for ages. Since 1975 in fact. Some of our early clients are still with us although they may be a little greyer and more wrinkled now. One thing we have learnt over the years is that we’re pretty good at what we do. We don’t expect you to take our word for it though, so have a read through our testimonials and see for yourself.
8. Our client retention record is one thing that gives prospective clients complete peace of mind, helping them feel in the safest possible hands. We firmly believe that high levels of honesty, trust, and just following through with what we say is what keeps our clients from going anywhere. That and the ball and chain of course.
9. We never rest on our laurels and are always looking to improve the quality of our service. Your opinions are vital to us and we really do listen. We will always do our best to make the changes you need, if indeed you really need them. Ice cream Tuesdays never really caught on after all…
10. We have qualified specialists in the main cloud based accounting systems. Kathryn the Kashflow Queen, Sam is our Xero Hero and Christina is our Quickbooks Queen. We are still struggling to think of something to rhyme with Sage. As all of our accounts staff are certified Xero and QuickBooks Advisors we can genuinely be called Real Time Accountants.
11. There are some things we don’t offer, pizza delivery and back massages for example. But what we do offer is cloud accounting services, management accounts, annual statutory accounts, all forms of tax compliance, planning, payroll, Auto-enrolment support, company secretarial and similar "stuff"…but definitely no pizzas.
12. We are easy to get to and easy to find. Our offices are just off the A12 and so there is no need to queue endlessly to get into Colchester Town Centre. We have free parking for our visitors and great coffee.
13. At wood and disney you will find familiar faces. We have been incredibly lucky to retain so many of our staff for such a long time. This means that you will continue to see the same faces for the many years you are with us. You will get to know key members of our team and importantly they will get to know you and understand your business.
14. We don’t like to brag but we are leaders in technology too with 4 technology awards under our belt including the 2015 "Most Innovative 2-4 Partner Firm" awarded by the 2020 Group of Accountants at the Birmingham NEC on 15th October 2015. We are a paperless office and have been since 2003 meaning no lost files and immediate document recovery.
15. We promise to always be upfront about our fees. We don’t mean that vague "…you will be charged on an hourly rate dependent upon the experience of the member of staff…" rubbish either. Would you eat in a restaurant if you didn’t know the cost until dessert?? We wouldn’t either. That’s why you get a menu of services to choose from. No nasty surprises and no hidden costs
Making us the best choice for business owners needing a Real Time Accountant rather than a Redundant Historical Accountant.